Pineapple Right Side Up Cakes
|All-purpose flour||1 1⁄4 Tablespoon|
|Double acting baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||7 Tablespoon|
|Sweet butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), whipped|
|Margarine||10 Teaspoon (1/4 Cup Less 2 Teaspoons)|
|Pineapple slice||6 , drained, canned, each slice cut into quarters (Preferably No Sugar Added)|
|Maraschino cherries||6 , cut into halves|
|Ground walnuts||1 Ounce|
|Light brown sugar||2 Tablespoon, firmly packed|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Line twelve 2 1/2-inch-diameter muffin pan cups with paper baking cups and set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl stir in buttermilk and vanilla and mix well; set aside.
4. In separate bowl mix together flour and baking powder; stir to combine and set aside
5. In cup or small bowl mix together nuts and sugar and keep for later use.
6. In an electric mixer on high speed beat together sugar, butter, egg, and margarine for about 1 minute until thick and lemon yellow in color.
7. Alternately add milk and flour mixtures, beating after each addition.
8. Fill each baking cup with an equal amount of batter and make it about 2/3 full.
9. Top each with 2 pieces of pineapple and a cherry half.
10. Sprinkle 1/12 of nut mixture over each muffin cup.
11. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until cakes well done.
12. To ensure the doneness insert a toothpick in the center and if it comes out clean, then it is well done.
13. Transfer cakes from pan to wire rack and let cool.
14. In a serving platter arrange the cakes and serve as a side dish with tea or coffee.