Angel Food Cake With Fresh Berries
|Cake flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Egg whites/12 dried egg white||12 , room temperature|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sliced strawberries||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Freshly squeezed orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2) In a large bowl, add the egg whites and cream of tartar. Whip them to form stiff peaks using an electric blender.
3) In a bowl, combine the cake flour and sugar. Sift 1/3 of the mixture through a sieve into the whipped egg whites. Fold in gently to mix all the ingredients.
4) Repeat the above step twice til all the flour mixture has been well incorporated with the egg whites.
5) Add in salt, vanilla and almond extract folding them gently into the egg whites as well.
6) Pour all of the cake batter into an ungreased bundt pan or muffin tray.
7) Bake for about 1 hour if is using a bundt pan and 30 minutes if using a muffin tray.
8) When the top of the cake becomes a light golden brown, take the pan out from the oven and let cool for at least 1 hour.
9) Remove the cake or muffins onto the serving platter.
10) In a bowl, mix strawberries, orange juice, honey and blueberries. Mix well and spread evenly over the cake top.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2371 Calories from Fat 53
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.8%
Saturated Fat 0.13 g0.67%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1073.7 mg44.7%
Total Carbohydrates 537 g179.1%
Dietary Fiber 33.4 g133.4%
Sugars 383.2 g
Protein 64 g128.7%
Vitamin A 5.7% Vitamin C 92.7%
Calcium 16.3% Iron 10.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet