Cran Orange Coffee Cake
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||12 Cup (192 tbs) (105� -115�F)|
|Active dry yeast||1⁄2 Ounce (2 Packages)|
|Eggs||2 , slightly beaten|
|All purpose flour||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Fresh cranberries||1 Cup (16 tbs), ground|
|Orange||1 Small, ground|
|Dark brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dark brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Scald milk in 1-quart Sauce Pan over low heat; add sugar, butter, salt; cool to lukewarm.
2. Measure water into large bowl; add yeast; stir until dissolved; add milk mixture, eggs, 3 cups flour; beat with wooden spoon until smooth; stir in additional flour to make stiff dough.
3. Turn out onto lightly floured board; knead 8-10 minutes or until smooth, elastic; place in greased bowl; cover with towel; let rise 45 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
4. Combine cranberries, orange, brown sugar in same pan; bring to boil over medium heat; reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes; cool.
5. Punch dough down until all air is forced out; divide dough in half; roll each piece into 13 x 9-inch rectangle; spread 1/2 cranberry-orange filling on 3/4 of each rectangle; fold unspread dough over 1/2 of spread dough, then fold again to form 3 layers of dough (2 with filling); seal edges.
6. Place dough on two 15 1/2 X 12-inch Cookie Sheets; using scissors, cut 8 strips along length of each rectangle to within 1 inch of opposite side; separate strips slightly; twist to show filling; cover with towel; let rise 45 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
7. Combine egg yolk, milk; brush over dough; sprinkle with brown sugar; bake 20-25 minutes at 350°F. or until golden brown; cool on wire racks. Makes 2 coffeecakes