Parsnip Corn Cakes
|Potatoes||2 , shredded|
|Parsnips||4 , shredded|
|Corn||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chives||2 Tablespoon, snipped|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Egg substitute||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canola oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Maple syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) In batches, squeeze the potatoes to extract all excess moisture.
2) In a large bowl add the potatoes.
3) Mix parsnips, corn, chives, nutmeg, and pepper.
4) Add egg substitute and flour.
5) In another bowl beat egg whites until stiff.
6) Fold into the vegetable mixture.
7) Grease a large nonstick frying pan with oil.
8) Heat over medium heat and drop spoonfuls of round batter into the pan. Fry until golden on both sides.
9) Repeat the process until all the batter is used.
10) Serve with maple syrup.