Little Crown Cakes
|Nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray||1|
|Granulated sugar||10 1⁄2 Tablespoon (2/3 Cup Plus 1 Tablespoon)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Low fat buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fat-free liquid egg substitute||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), thawed if frozen|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|1% low fat milk||4 Tablespoon|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Use non-stick cooking spray to lightly coat 6 mini-bundt-cake molds.
3) To make the cakes, whisk together the cake flour, baking powder, 2/3 cup sugar, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
4) Add the egg substitute, buttermilk and vanilla. Whisk till smooth.
5) Use an electric mixer set on medium-high speed to beat together the egg whites and cream of tartar in a small bowl. Beat till soft peaks are formed.
6) Increase the speed of the mixer to high and add 1 remaining tablespoon of sugar. Beat well till the mixture is stiff and glossy peaks have formed.
7) Into the batter, stir a large spoonful of whites to lighten in. Fold in the remainder of the whites.
8) Into the prepared pans, scrape the batter.
9) Place in preheated oven and bake till a wooden pick emerges clean when inserted into the center of the cakes. This usually takes about 14 to 16 minutes of baking.
10) Place the cake pan on wire racks and allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
11) Use a small table knife to loosen the edges of the cakes.
12) Onto the racks, invert the cakes and remove the pans. Allow to completely cool.
13) To make the glaze, gradually whisk just enough milk into the confectioners-€™ sugar to give it a good glazing consistency. Use a small bowl for whisking.
14) Serve the bundt cakes at room temperature after drizzling the glaze all over.