Kumquat Coffee Cake
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Biscuit mix||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), softened|
|Kumquat syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Orange extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Kumquats||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped preserved, remove seeds|
|Pecans||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), finely chopped|
|Orange icing||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Speedy)|
1. In a bowl mix the 1/4 cup biscuit mix with 1/4 cup sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
2. Into the mixture using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in 2 tablespoons butter until mixture is crumbly and set aside for topping.
3. In a bowl combine 2 cups biscuit mix and 3/4 cup sugar.
4. Then mix in 1/4 cup butter, egg and 1/2 cup milk beating vigorously for 1 minute.
5. Into the batter, beat kumquat syrup, extracts, and 1/4 cup milk beating about 1/2 minute.
6. Mix in kumquats and pecans and turn mixture into a greased and floured 8-inch square pan.
7. Sprinkle topping over batter and bake at 350°F 40 to 45 minutes or until cake tests done.
8. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack 10 to 15 minutes.
9. As the cake is still warm, drizzle with icing, cut into squares and serve.
Calories 679 Calories from Fat 253
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.9%
Saturated Fat 13.1 g65.4%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 100.6 mg33.5%
Sodium 178.5 mg7.4%
Total Carbohydrates 105 g34.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21%
Sugars 54.4 g
Protein 4 g7.4%
Vitamin A 13.5% Vitamin C 13.8%
Calcium 20.8% Iron 18.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet