|Self raising flour||6 Ounce|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Castor sugar||6 Ounce|
|Margarine||6 Ounce (Luxury Variety)|
|Vanilla essence||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Desiccated coconut||2 Ounce|
1. Grease two 8-in. sandwich tins and line the bottom of each with a round of greaseproof paper.
2. Chop up the margarine in a mixing bowl.
3. Sieve in the dry ingredients.
4. Add the sugar, eggs, essence or flavouring and the milk.
5. Beat well for 1 minute until evenly mixed, adding another spoonful of milk if necessary to make a dropping consistency.
6. Spread the mixture into the two tins.
7. Bake in a moderately hot oven (375°F -Gas Mark 5) on the third shelf from the top until firm, then turn on to a wire tray to cool.
8. When cold, sandwich together with butter cream, and ice and decorate as liked.