Cocoa Flavored Cake
|Castor sugar||5 Ounce|
|Self raising flour||4 Ounce|
|Cocoa||1 1⁄4 Tablespoon (1 Heaped Tablespoon)|
|For the filling|
|Plain chocolate||2 Ounce|
|Margarine||2 Ounce (Luxury One)|
|Hot water||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon (2 Dessertspoons)|
|Glace/Castor sugar||2 Tablespoon|
1. Grease two 7-in. sandwich tins and line the bottom with greaseproof paper.
2. Put margarine and sugar in a mixing bowl. Sieve in flour and cocoa.
3. Add milk and eggs and beat all ingredients together with a wooden spoon for 2 minutes.
4. Divide the mixture between the tins and smooth the top.
5. Bake in the middle of a moderate oven (350°F - Gas Mark 4) for 20-25 minutes.
6. Turn on to a wire tray to cool. When the cakes are cold, sandwich together with the filling and coat the top with glace icing or sprinkle with castor sugar.
Calories 508 Calories from Fat 168
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.4%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g29%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 106.1 mg35.4%
Sodium 405.9 mg16.9%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.6%
Sugars 55.5 g
Protein 8 g15.2%
Vitamin A 12.7% Vitamin C 0.02%
Calcium 12.4% Iron 16%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet