Cocoa Flavored Cake
|Castor sugar||5 Ounce|
|Self raising flour||4 Ounce|
|Cocoa||1 1⁄4 Tablespoon (1 Heaped Tablespoon)|
|For the filling|
|Plain chocolate||2 Ounce|
|Margarine||2 Ounce (Luxury One)|
|Hot water||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon (2 Dessertspoons)|
|Glace/Castor sugar||2 Tablespoon|
1. Grease two 7-in. sandwich tins and line the bottom with greaseproof paper.
2. Put margarine and sugar in a mixing bowl. Sieve in flour and cocoa.
3. Add milk and eggs and beat all ingredients together with a wooden spoon for 2 minutes.
4. Divide the mixture between the tins and smooth the top.
5. Bake in the middle of a moderate oven (350°F - Gas Mark 4) for 20-25 minutes.
6. Turn on to a wire tray to cool. When the cakes are cold, sandwich together with the filling and coat the top with glace icing or sprinkle with castor sugar.