Banana Nut Coffee Cake
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (For Lining Pan)|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (For Lining Pan)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Cake)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted before measuring|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Mashed bananas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chopped mixed nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Grease and flour a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
2. Heat oven to 32S°F.
3. Beat butter, brown sugar and white sugar until blended smoothly.
4. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
5. Separately, sift flour, soda and salt together. Add to the beaten mixture in small portions, blending each in thoroughly.
6. Blend in bananas, lemon rind and nuts.
7. Turn mixture into prepared pan. Bake for about 1 hour.
8. Cool for 12 to 24 hours before cutting.