Cherry-Pecan Coffee Cake
|Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), softened|
|Evaporated milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Cherries||1 Cup (16 tbs), candied|
|Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Flour||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs), sifted|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Active dry yeast||1|
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
2) Grease a 10 inch tube pan.
3) Dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup of warm water.
4) Take a mixing bowl and combine in it butter, salt and sugar.
5) Add 1/2 cup of boiling water. Stir to melt butter completely.
6) Stir in milk and dissolved yeast.
7) Add pecans, cherries and eggs.
8) Stir in flour, 1 cup at a time. Upon each addition beat the dough until smooth.
9) Cover and let rise for about 1 hour and 30 minutes or until double in bul.
10) Punch down the dough and beat for about 2 minutes using a large spoon.
11) Turn into the greased tube pan and spread evenly.
12) Cover and let rise for about 45 minutes or until double in bulk
13) Bake for about 50-55 minutes or until light brown in color.
14) Remove from pan and place on a wire rack to cool.
15) Serve warm with whipped cream, if desired.