|Sweet peppers||2 Large (Red Or Green)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon (Unsalted)|
|Mushrooms||4 Ounce, sliced to make 1 1/2 cups|
|Green onions||4 , sliced to make 1/2 cup (With Tops)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken stock/Low sodium chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Bite size pieces cooked chicken||16 Ounce (3 Cups)|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F and grease an 8" x 8" x 2" baking pan. Prepare the Corn Pone batter; bake for 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, core and seed the sweet peppers. Using a small star cutter, cut 1 pepper into stars; chop the remaining one, making 1/2 cups.
3. In a large nonstick saucepan, melt the butter over moderate heat. Add the mushrooms, chopped sweet pepper, and green onions; saute for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the vegetables to a bowl.
4. Stir the flour into the saucepan and cook until bubbly. Whisk in the stock and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring for 5 minutes. Stir in the chicken, black pepper, and vegetables and heat through.
5. Cut the Corn Pone into 4 squares, split them and fill with the chicken. Garnish with the red pepper stars. Serve with heaping portions of Fried Greens.
Calories 399 Calories from Fat 175
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g30%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g32.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 100.1 mg33.4%
Sodium 281 mg11.7%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.6%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 34 g68.9%
Vitamin A 21.5% Vitamin C 131.2%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 17.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet