|Self-raising flour||8 Ounce|
|Fine semolina||2 Ounce|
|Sliced glace cherries||3 Ounce|
1. Well grease a 7-in. cake tin or small loaf tin.
2. Sift the flour and semolina twice.
3. Soften the butter, gradually add the sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
4. Whisk the eggs and add gradually, beating well and adding two spoonfuls of the sifted flour mixture after adding about half the eggs.
5. Stir in the remainder of the flour and semolina and the milk.
6. Stir in the cherries, reserving a few for the top of the cake.
7. Turn the mixture into the prepared tin, arrange remaining cherries on top and bake in a moderate oven (350°F - Gas Mark 4).