|Self-raising flour||8 Ounce|
|Fine semolina||2 Ounce|
|Sliced glace cherries||3 Ounce|
1. Well grease a 7-in. cake tin or small loaf tin.
2. Sift the flour and semolina twice.
3. Soften the butter, gradually add the sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
4. Whisk the eggs and add gradually, beating well and adding two spoonfuls of the sifted flour mixture after adding about half the eggs.
5. Stir in the remainder of the flour and semolina and the milk.
6. Stir in the cherries, reserving a few for the top of the cake.
7. Turn the mixture into the prepared tin, arrange remaining cherries on top and bake in a moderate oven (350°F - Gas Mark 4).
Calories 850 Calories from Fat 346
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g60.5%
Saturated Fat 23.3 g116.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 251.2 mg83.7%
Sodium 782 mg32.6%
Total Carbohydrates 113 g37.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.3%
Sugars 56.1 g
Protein 13 g25.7%
Vitamin A 25.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 23.7% Iron 19.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet