Chocolate Nut Party Cake
|Chopped nut meats||1 Cup (16 tbs), mixed|
|Cake flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sifted before measuring|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Softened butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated semi sweet chocolate||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rich chocolate frosting||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White swirl icing/Whipped cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Butter thickly two 8-inch round layer pans, and dust with flour.
2. Scatter half the nuts over the base of each pan.
3. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt onto stiff paper for extra lightness.
4. Beat sugar and butter in a mixing bowl until light and creamy.
5. Beat in flour mixture in three parts, alternately with milk and vanilla.
6. Beat whole mixture for 1 minute.
7. Add egg white and beat for 2 minutes more.
8. Carefully spread one quarter of the batter over the nuts in each layer pan.
9. Sprinkle half the grated chocolate evenly over each batter layer.
10. Spoon half the remaining batter over the chocolate in each pan.
11. Bake layers at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes.
12. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then invertonto a rack to finish cooling. Layers will now be nut side up.
13. To assemble cake, cover whole top and sides of one layer with Rich Chocolate Frosting.
14. Place the second cake layer on top of it, nut side up.
15. Cover sides of this layer with frosting, and whipped cream around inner edge of chocolate frosting ring.
16. Pipe lines of icing or cream at equal intervals down the chocolate-covered sides of the cake.