Easy Iced Chocolate Layer Cake
|Cake flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|70% buttermilk vegetable oil spread||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1/2 Stick, At Room Temperature)|
|Granulated sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Egg whites||3 Large|
|Pure vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Low fat buttermilk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|For orange icing|
|Confectioners sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Orange marmalade||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|70% buttermilk vegetable oil spread||2 Tablespoon|
|1% low fat milk||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Orange extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Lightly coat two 8-inch round layer-cake pans with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Make cake: In small bowl, stir together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
3. In medium bowl, with electric mixer on medium speed, beat together vegetable oil spread and sugar, until well blended. Stir in egg whites and vanilla. Alternately stir in flour mixture and buttermilk until smooth, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Divide equally between prepared pans.
4. Bake in 375° oven until firm, and a wooden pick inserted in centers comes out covered with crumbs, about 35 minutes. Cool cakes completely in pans on wire rack.
5. Make icing: In medium bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, marmalade, vegetable oil spread, milk, lemon juice, and orange extract. With electric mixer on medium speed, beat until smooth.
6. Unmold cakes. Place one layer, top side up, on serving platter. Spread with half the icing. Cover with second layer, top side up. Spread with remaining icing.