Basic Yellow Cake
|Cold water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sifted cake flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon flavoring||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
1) Grease and flour 3 cake pans.
2) In a bowl, add the egg yolks and beat till thick light yelloqw in colour.
3) Slowly add in the sugar, beating well after each addition.
4) Add in the salt and baking powder and beat well.
5) Alternating, mix in the cold water and flour. Keep beating well after each addition.
6) Stir in the lemon flavoring.
7) Transfer the batter into the cake pans.
8) Place in the oven and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes, till done.
9) Serve simply, or topped with chocolate sauce.