Party Time Cake
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla essence||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Castor sugar||6 Ounce|
|Icing sugar||6 Ounce, sieved|
|Lemon curd||3 Tablespoon|
|Self raising flour||6 Ounce|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||3 Ounce, melted|
|Hot water||3⁄4 Tablespoon|
|Glace icing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Whisk the egg, milk and essence together in a bowl.
2. Gradually add the sugar.
3. Fold in the flour, sieved with the baking powder.
4. Stir in the melted butter lightly, making sure it is well blended in.
5. Divide the mixture between two well-greased 7-in. sandwich tins.
6. Bake in a moderately hot oven (375°F - Gas Mark 5). Cool in the tins for 5 minutes before turning out.
7. Make the filling. Cream the butter and sugar then add the lemon curd and hot water. Beat until smooth.
8. Sandwich the cakes together, when cold, with the filling and coat the cake with glace icing.