One Stage Cake
|Self raising flour||4 Ounce|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Margarine||4 Ounce (Luxury)|
1. Grease two 7-in. sandwich tins and line the bottom of each with a round of greaseproof paper.
2. Sieve the flour and baking powder into a bowl.
3. Put the margarine and sugar into the bowl..
4. Break the eggs into the bowl. Mix all the ingredients together with a wooden spoon - this should take about 1 minute.
5. Divide the mixture between the tins. Bake in a slow oven (335°F - Gas Mark 3) on the middle shelf.
6. When the cakes are cold, sandwich together with rilling and coat the top with icing.
Calories 448 Calories from Fat 227
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g39.2%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105.7 mg35.2%
Sodium 462.2 mg19.3%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.77 g3.1%
Sugars 28.6 g
Protein 6 g12%
Vitamin A 22.7% Vitamin C 0.05%
Calcium 16.5% Iron 10.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet