One Stage Cake
|Self raising flour||4 Ounce|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Margarine||4 Ounce (Luxury)|
1. Grease two 7-in. sandwich tins and line the bottom of each with a round of greaseproof paper.
2. Sieve the flour and baking powder into a bowl.
3. Put the margarine and sugar into the bowl..
4. Break the eggs into the bowl. Mix all the ingredients together with a wooden spoon - this should take about 1 minute.
5. Divide the mixture between the tins. Bake in a slow oven (335°F - Gas Mark 3) on the middle shelf.
6. When the cakes are cold, sandwich together with rilling and coat the top with icing.