Twice Cooked Egg Cake
|Powdered matcha tea||1 Teaspoon|
1. Hard-boil small eggs for 10 minutes (large eggs for 12 minutes). Eggs should be thoroughly hard-boiled.
2. Separate whites and yolks. Press each through fine wire sieve, using the back of a wooden spoon (or mash each with fork).
3. To egg yolk, add 5 Tbsps sugar and pinch salt. Force again through a sieve. To egg white, add 2 Tbsps sugar and pinch salt.
4. Combine powdered tea with egg white. In a 5-X-9-inch (13-X-23-cm) loaf pan, spread green (or white) egg mixture in an even layer. Over first layer spread egg yolk. Cover pan with foil and pierce foil.
5. Place in a large pan of hot water and bake in a preheated oven (400°F/205°C) for 15 minutes.
6. Cool, cut into 1 1/2 -inch (4-cm) squares, and serve. Keeps several days.
Calories 131 Calories from Fat 38
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.5%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 176.2 mg58.7%
Sodium 58.8 mg2.5%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.2%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 18.4 g
Protein 5 g10.5%
Vitamin A 4.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 2.2% Iron 4.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet