Twice Cooked Egg Cake
|Powdered matcha tea||1 Teaspoon|
1. Hard-boil small eggs for 10 minutes (large eggs for 12 minutes). Eggs should be thoroughly hard-boiled.
2. Separate whites and yolks. Press each through fine wire sieve, using the back of a wooden spoon (or mash each with fork).
3. To egg yolk, add 5 Tbsps sugar and pinch salt. Force again through a sieve. To egg white, add 2 Tbsps sugar and pinch salt.
4. Combine powdered tea with egg white. In a 5-X-9-inch (13-X-23-cm) loaf pan, spread green (or white) egg mixture in an even layer. Over first layer spread egg yolk. Cover pan with foil and pierce foil.
5. Place in a large pan of hot water and bake in a preheated oven (400°F/205°C) for 15 minutes.
6. Cool, cut into 1 1/2 -inch (4-cm) squares, and serve. Keeps several days.