Cherry Holiday Cakes
|Red candied cherries||2 Pound|
|Crystallized ginger||6 Ounce|
|Walnuts||3 Cup (48 tbs), chopped|
|Orange juice||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground coriander||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||6 , separated|
1. Cut cherries and ginger fine, using kitchen shears.
2. In a bowl combine cherries, ginger and walnuts and stir in orange juice.
3. Mix flour, baking powder, salt and coriander.
4. Cream butter and 1/2 cup sugar until light and beat in egg yolks, one at a time.
5. Stir in cherry mixture and flour mixture.
6. Beat egg whites until stiff, beating in remaining sugar.
7. Fold egg whites into cake batter.
8. Grease small loaf pans or fluted molds and spoon batter into them.
9. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour until cakes test done.
10. Cool cakes in pans for 10 minutes and turn onto racks.
11. Frost with a confectioners' sugar icing if desired and serve.