Chocolate Chiffon Cake
|Cake flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Sifted Before Measuring)|
|Granulated sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Unsweetened chocolate square||2 , melted|
1. Grease and flour chosen cake pans.
2. Sift together the flour, 1 cup sugar, the soda and salt into a bowl.
3. Add the salad oil and 1/2 cup buttermilk, and beat for 1 minute.
4. Combine the remaining buttermilk and egg yolks in a jug, beat lightly and add to the batter.
5. Add the melted chocolate and beat for one more minute.
6. Beat the egg white until stiff, adding remaining 1/2 cup sugar while beating.
7. Beat the meringue until very stiff.
8. Fold it into the batter.
9. Turn the batter into the prepared pans.
10. Bake at 350°F. 8 in layers 30-35 minutes, 9 in layers 25-30 minutes.
11. Cool. Frost with White Swirl Icing .