|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Anise||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. Prepare a 9-inch layered cake pan by dusting it with flour. Set aside till required
3. In a large bowl, place the eggs and the sugar and beat well till soft, light and frothy.
4. Sieve the flour with the baking powder
5. Add the sieve to the flour and mix well
6. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and fold in gently till well incorporated
7. Place this mixture in the prepared baking tin and bake for 30 minutes
8. Cool on a cake rack and then turn out the cake. Cut the cake in to pie-shaped wedges
9. Serve with cream