Small Plain Cakes
|Plain flour||8 Ounce|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||4 Tablespoon (adjust quantity as needed for mixing)|
1. Grease patty tins or small paper cases.
2. Sieve flour, salt and baking powder and spice if used.
3. Rub in fat with tips of fingers until mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
4. Add sugar, and fruit if used.
5. Beat the eggs and stir into the mixture, adding a little milk if necessary to mix to a dropping consistency.
6. Bake in a moderately hot oven (400°F - Gas Mark 6) for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to moderate (350°F - Gas Mark 4) and continue cooking until well risen and golden.
7. Frost as required
Calories 579 Calories from Fat 236
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g40.8%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 107.2 mg35.7%
Sodium 488.5 mg20.4%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g7%
Sugars 31.8 g
Protein 7 g14.5%
Vitamin A 24.9% Vitamin C 11.3%
Calcium 22.5% Iron 5.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet