Chocolate Layer Cake
|Cocoa dutch||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dutch cocoa||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||8 Tablespoon|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chocolate icing||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Line three 8-inch baking pans with nonstick baker's paper.
3. Combine the cocoa with 3/4 cup sugar, 1 egg yolk, and the milk. Cook over very low heat until the mixture is thick. Cool.
4. Cream the butter and the remaining cup of sugar until fluffy. Beat in 1 whole egg and 2 yolks.
5. Sift the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder together.
6. Fold in the sifted flour, sour cream, and batter, alternating one after another. Beat in the cocoa mixture, vanilla, and almond extract.
7. Pour the batter into the baking pans. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Do not overcook. Turn out onto racks. Spread with Chocolate Icing. Makes 3 8-inch layers.