Superb Milk Chocolate Cake
|Milk chocolate||1⁄4 Pound|
|Hot water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Softened butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White sugar||11 Ounce|
|Eggs||4 Small, separated|
|Cake flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sifted|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk/Natural yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Food coloring||4 Drop|
|Coconut almond cream frosting||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Grease and flour 2 x 9-inch layer pans.
2. Heat oven to 375°F.
3. In a heatproof bowl, melt chocolate and water by standing bowl in a pan of simmering water.
4. Stir to blend well. Cool.
5. Beat butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl until blended and creamy.
6. Beat in egg yolks and 2 tablespoon of the flour.
7. Beat in the melted chocolate.
8. Sift together remaining flour, soda and salt.
9. Beat into the chocolate mixture, in three portions, alternately with the buttermilk or yogurt.
10. Mix in vanilla and brown food coloring drop by drop.
11. Turn batter into each of the prepared layer pans.
12. Bake for about 35 minutes.
13. Cool on a rack. When cooled, frost and sandwich layers with Coconut-Almond Cream Frosting or another white icing, to contrast, with brown chocolate color.