Superb Milk Chocolate Cake
|Milk chocolate||1⁄4 Pound|
|Hot water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Softened butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White sugar||11 Ounce|
|Eggs||4 Small, separated|
|Cake flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sifted|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk/Natural yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Food coloring||4 Drop|
|Coconut almond cream frosting||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Grease and flour 2 x 9-inch layer pans.
2. Heat oven to 375°F.
3. In a heatproof bowl, melt chocolate and water by standing bowl in a pan of simmering water.
4. Stir to blend well. Cool.
5. Beat butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl until blended and creamy.
6. Beat in egg yolks and 2 tablespoon of the flour.
7. Beat in the melted chocolate.
8. Sift together remaining flour, soda and salt.
9. Beat into the chocolate mixture, in three portions, alternately with the buttermilk or yogurt.
10. Mix in vanilla and brown food coloring drop by drop.
11. Turn batter into each of the prepared layer pans.
12. Bake for about 35 minutes.
13. Cool on a rack. When cooled, frost and sandwich layers with Coconut-Almond Cream Frosting or another white icing, to contrast, with brown chocolate color.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5009 Calories from Fat 2593
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 293 g450.8%
Saturated Fat 161.4 g806.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1157.1 mg385.7%
Sodium 3115.3 mg129.8%
Total Carbohydrates 565 g188.3%
Dietary Fiber 11.6 g46.4%
Sugars 467.2 g
Protein 49 g98.2%
Vitamin A 132.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 40.9% Iron 30.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet