|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Maraschino cherries||10 Ounce|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to moderate hot temperature before baking.
2) Cut cherries into small pieces.
3) Mix together sugar and shortening until creamy.
4) Stir in eggs.
5) Add in cherries.
6) Combine together the dry ingredients and mix it with the first mixture alternately with liquid from cherries.
7) In a greased and floured cake pan, place the mixture and bake in moderate oven until done.
8) Serve in slices.