Chocolate Chiffon Cake
|Boiling water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cocoa||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven at slow temperature.
2) In a bowl of cocoa, add in boiling water. Stir and keep aside to cool down.
3) Sieve together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Move the ingredients to the side of the bowl, making a tiny depression in the centre.
4) Into the depression, pour salad oil, egg yolks, cooled-down cocoa, vanilla essence and food colouring.
5) Mix slowly to combine the wet with the dry ingredients to get a smooth mixture.
6) In a bowl, add cream of tartar and egg whites and beat thoroughly to get stiff peaks.
7) Fold in the egg whites carefully into the cocoa batter and combine well.
8) Pour the batter into a 10" tube pan.
9) Bake for about 1 1/3 hours or until done.
10) Turn the tube pan over when hot out of the oven and let cool completely.
11) Unmould the cake onto the serving platter.
12) Serve the Chocolate Chiffon Cake, topped with chocolate icing and a generous sprinkling of chocolate shavings.