|Self raising flour||8 Ounce (225 gram)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Butter||3 Ounce (75 gram)|
|Castor sugar||3 Ounce (75 gram)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Pint (1 1/2 deciliter)|
|Self-raising flour||1 Ounce|
|For streusel topping|
|Self raising flour||1 Ounce (25 gram)|
|Soft brown sugar||2 Ounce (50 gram)|
|Butter||1 Ounce, melted (25 gram)|
1) Preheat oven hot to 375°F,190°C or Gas No. 5
2) In a bowl sift flour and baking powder.
3) Cut in butter and rub the mixture.
4) Add sugar and mix.
5) Add whipped egg and milk to it immediately.
6) With a wooden spoon beat gently to get a smooth batter.
7) Fill mixture into greased, 9-inch (23-cm) loose-bottomed cake tin or spring-clip sided cake tin.
8) Spread the mixture evenly.
9) Mix flour and sugar for the topping in a basin.
10) Add melted butter.
11) With a fork mix until crumbly.
12) Sprinkle mixture over the top of the cake.
13) Place in oven and bake for 40 minutes.
14) Let stand for 5 minutes to cool and remove from tin.
15) Let cool completely.
16) Serve cut in slices.