|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided into 3/4 c. and 1/4 c.|
|Eggs||5 Large, separated|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Evaporated milk||12 Ounce|
|Sweetened condensed milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Heavy whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Grease a round cake pan
3. Using the hand mixer, beat 3/4 c of the sugar and the egg yolks until light and fluffy.
4. Fold in milk, vanilla, flour, and baking powder with a rubber spatula.
5. Wash the bowl and wire attachment of the stand mixer.
6. Using the stand mixer, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form
7. Add the cream of tartar
8. Gradually add the remaining ¼ cup sugar and beat.
9. Gently fold the whites into the yolk mixture.
10. Pour batter into prepare pan.
11. Bake 25 minutes
12. Remove the cake from the pan and place onto a large serving platter.
13. Pierce the cake all over with a fork.
15. Combine the evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, cream and vanilla; mix well.
16. Slowly, pour the mixture over the cake, allowing the cake to absorb the mixture.
17. Place 4 egg white in stand mixer bowl with cream of tartar.
18. Whip at high speed until soft peaks form
19. Gradually add half of the sugar
20. Whip for 2 minutes
21. Add remaining sugar
22. Continue whipping for another minute until meringue is shinny.
23. Spread Meringue onto cake with a spatula
Calories 595 Calories from Fat 187
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.7%
Saturated Fat 12.1 g60.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 199.6 mg66.5%
Sodium 251.2 mg10.5%
Total Carbohydrates 89 g29.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.42 g1.7%
Sugars 76.1 g
Protein 14 g27.9%
Vitamin A 16.1% Vitamin C 3.3%
Calcium 33.9% Iron 8.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet