Orange Pound Cake
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Egg whites||4 , stiffly beaten|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Use cooking spray to coat the bottom of a 9x5-inch loaf pan. Dust it with flour and set aside.
3) In a large bowl, combine together the sugar, flour and baking powder.
4) Add the oil and orange juice and beat well till the ingredients have blended and a thick batter has been formed.
6) Add the orange peel along with about 1/3rd of the egg whites. Gently stir to mix.
7) Fold in the remainder of the egg whites.
8) Into the prepared pan, spoon the batter.
9) Bake in preheated oven for about 45 minutes or till done.
10) Allow to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then remove from the pan and cool on wire rack.
11) Cut into wedges and serve at room temperature. Makes a good snack as well as an apt party dessert.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2412 Calories from Fat 1046
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 118 g182.1%
Saturated Fat 15.4 g77.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 988.1 mg41.2%
Total Carbohydrates 311 g103.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.4%
Sugars 161.6 g
Protein 33 g65.9%
Vitamin A 5.4% Vitamin C 114.7%
Calcium 79.6% Iron 56.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet