|Enriched flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs), sifted|
|Salad oil/Melted shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Corn cereal||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs), crushed (Toasted)|
|Sour milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Light molasses||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to 400° F.
2) Butter an 8 inch square shaped baking pan.
3) Take a large bowl and soft flour, baking powder, sugar, baking soda and salt in it.
4) Stir in cereal crumbs.
5) Take a bowl and beat together milk, egg and molasses in it.
6) Add oil and stir nicely.
7) Add mixture to the dry ingredients.
8) Keep stirring only until blended.
9) Pour mixture into the prepared pan.
10) Bake for about 20 minutes or until browned.
11) Cut and serve Jack Cake with whipped cream and maple syrup, if desired.