|Cake flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cold water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2) Sieve together flour, baking powder and salt. Keep aside.
3) Using an electric beater, whip up the egg yolks till thick and creamy.
4) Add in sugar, little by little, into the egg yolks beating well till completely dissolved.
5) Running the electric beater on low speed, add in the dry ingredients into the wet, along with cold water, vanilla and lemon extracts. Set aside.
6) In a large bowl, beat together the egg whites along with the cream of tartar to form stiff peaks.
7) Slowly pour in the egg yolks mixture into the egg whites and fold in gently to incorporate.
8) Pour the batter into an ungreased 10 X 4" tube pan.
9) Bake for about 60 minutes or until done.
10) Let the cake cool down completely before unmoulding it.
11) Spread strawberry icing all over the Springtime Cake and garnish with flower-shaped chocolate pieces, if desired.