|Cake flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cold water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2) Sieve together flour, baking powder and salt. Keep aside.
3) Using an electric beater, whip up the egg yolks till thick and creamy.
4) Add in sugar, little by little, into the egg yolks beating well till completely dissolved.
5) Running the electric beater on low speed, add in the dry ingredients into the wet, along with cold water, vanilla and lemon extracts. Set aside.
6) In a large bowl, beat together the egg whites along with the cream of tartar to form stiff peaks.
7) Slowly pour in the egg yolks mixture into the egg whites and fold in gently to incorporate.
8) Pour the batter into an ungreased 10 X 4" tube pan.
9) Bake for about 60 minutes or until done.
10) Let the cake cool down completely before unmoulding it.
11) Spread strawberry icing all over the Springtime Cake and garnish with flower-shaped chocolate pieces, if desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2425 Calories from Fat 256
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.2%
Saturated Fat 8.6 g43%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1110.5 mg370.2%
Sodium 2670.2 mg111.3%
Total Carbohydrates 487 g162.2%
Dietary Fiber 23.2 g93%
Sugars 303 g
Protein 64 g128.4%
Vitamin A 26% Vitamin C
Calcium 65.9% Iron 18.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet