Cinnamon-Chocolate Sponge Roll
|Double acting baking powder||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cake flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), sifted|
|Cinnamon chocolate frosting||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Grease and line a 15 1/2x 10 1/2 x 1-inch jelly roll pan
with waxed, brown paper or grease paper.
3. Beat eggs with baking powder and salt in a bowl set over hot water (not in it) until foamy.
4. Mix sugar with cinnamon and gradually beat into eggs.
5. Continue beating until the mixture is very thick.
6. Remove bowl from over the hot water and beat in vanilla.
7. Fold in cake flour.
8. Pour batter into pan and spread it uniformly over the
9. Bake in a preheated for 12 to 13 minutes or until cake
springs back when touched with fingers.
10. Turn out upside down on a cloth dusted with confectioners
11. Quickly remove paper and trim off edges of cake.
12. Roll up in cloth in jelly roll fashion.
14. Unroll and spread with Cinnamon-Chocolate Frosting.
15. Roll again.
16. Cover the cake with the same frosting or dust with