Poppy Seed Pound Cake Muffins
|Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), softened|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Poppy seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Low fat vanilla yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Spray muffin cups with cooking spray.
3) In a large bowl, add in margarine and sugar and whip it up with an electric beater to get a creamy mixture.
4) Continue whipping as you add in the eggs, one by one.
5) In a bowl, combine flour, poppy seeds, salt and baking soda.
6) Add the dry ingredients into the whipped mixture, part by part, alternating with small portions of yoghurt.
7) Add in vanilla extract and blend well.
8) Pour the batter into the muffin cups to fill 2/3 of each cup.
9) Bake the muffins for about 15 to 20 minutes.
10) Serve the Poppy Seed Poundcake Muffins as a tea-time snack.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2401 Calories from Fat 723
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 82 g125.7%
Saturated Fat 16.9 g84.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 436.5 mg145.5%
Sodium 1639.9 mg68.3%
Total Carbohydrates 363 g121.1%
Dietary Fiber 9.7 g38.7%
Sugars 168.3 g
Protein 53 g106.3%
Vitamin A 63.8% Vitamin C 3.4%
Calcium 72.5% Iron 83.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet