Chocolate Layer Cake
|Self-raising flour||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Boiling water||2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla essence||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For the chocolate frosting|
|Icing sugar||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Cocoa powder||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Ounce (40 Gram)|
|Castor sugar||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
1) Preheat oven hot to 350°F, 180°C or Gas No. 4
2) In a plate sift flour and keep aside.
3) In a small basin, measure cocoa powder, add boiling water. Stir the mixture until smooth.
4) In a bowl cream butter and sugar until light.
5) Gently fold into chocolate mixture and beat well.
6) In a bowl mix eggs and vanilla essence.
7) Fold it to the creamed mixture a little at a time.
8) Add some flour with last few additions of egg mixture. Add remaining flour and beat well.
9) Fill mixture equally between two buttered and lined, 7-inch (18-cm) shallow, sponge cake tins.
10) Spread the mixture evenly keeping a hollow at the center.
11) Keep in oven and bake for 25 minutes.
12) Take off from tins and cool.
13) To prepare chocolate frosting, in a mixing basin sift icing sugar and cocoa powder.
14) In a saucepan measure butter, water and sugar.
15) Place on low heat and stir until sugar has dissolved and butter melted.
16) Boil and remove from heat.
17) Add immediately to the sifted ingredients.
18) With a wooden spoon beat the mixture until smooth stirring occasionally. Let cool.
19) Spread little frosting between the layers and sandwich together.
20) Pour remaining frosting over the whole cake and spread with a knife coating both top and sides.
21) Let stand until firm.
22) Serve cut in slices.