Never Fail Spice Cake
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Rhubarb||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), finely diced|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Ice cream||1 Pint (As Required)|
|Salad oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 325° F.
2) In a large mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients together as per the listed order, excluding the ice cream.
3) Beat the mixture until smooth and nicely blended.
4) In a greased 9x13-inch pan, lined with a waxed paper on the bottom, pour and evenly spread the batter.
5) Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes.
6) Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out on a wire rack and peel off the paper.
7) Slice and serve cold or warm on a serving platter with the ice cream.