Mini Orange Rice Cakes
|Milk||1 1⁄4 Pint|
|Vanilla pod||1 (Keep The Seeds Aside)|
|Arborio rice||1⁄2 Ounce|
|Orange rind||2 , grated|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Orange flavored liquor/Rum||2 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||1 Tablespoon, squeezed|
|Freshly squeezed orange juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Orange||1 , chopped|
|Icing sugar||1 Tablespoon (For Dusting)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line tin muffin cups of 2 ounces.
2) In a saucepan, boil milk over medium heat. Add in salt, vanilla pod with seeds and arborio rice. Let it come to a boil once more while stirring frequently.
3) Turn down the flame and let it cook for 10 more minutes. Add sugar and butter and cook while stirring for 10 minutes.
4) Pour the rice mixture into a bowl. Discard the vanilla pod and add in the orange rind, mixing well. Let cool down to room temperature, stirring frequently.
5) In a bowl, add egg yolks, orange liqueur and orange juice. Beat well and add into the cooled down rice mixture.
6) In another bowl, beat the egg whites to form stiff peaks. Fold in a spoonful of the beaten whites into the rice mixture. Then fold in the rest of it till well incorporated.
7) Fill the muffin cups to their brim with the orange mixture.
8) Bake for about 20 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
9) Let the muffins cool down for 2 minutes before stripping off their lining.
10) Garnish the Mini Orange Rice Cakes with chopped oranges.
11) Dust them with a little icing sugar on top.