Sour Cream Dream Cake
|Brown sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), sifted|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Evaporated milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Instant coffee||2 Tablespoon|
|Instant coffee powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Rhubarb||2 Cup (32 tbs), finely chopped|
|Whipping cream/Any other butter cream frosting 2 cups||2 Cup (32 tbs), whipped|
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) In a mixing bowl, cream the sugar and margarine together.
3) Beat in the eggs and vanilla, blend well.
4) In another bowl, sift the flour, soda, salt, and cinnamon together.
5) In a bowl, sour the evaporated milk with vinegar, then stir in the coffee powder.
6) Stir the sifted dry ingredients alternately with milk into the creamed mixture and beat until smooth after each addition.
7) Stir in the walnuts and rhubarb, mix well until evenly distributed.
8) In two greased 8-inch layer cake pans, lined with the waxed paper at the bottom, pour and evenly spread the batter
9) Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
10) Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes on a rack, then turn out.
12) Spread a layer of whipped cream on one cake layer, cover with the other cake layer and frost the tops and sides with the whipped cream.
13) Slice and serve on a serving platter.