Christmas Nut Cake
|Dates||16 Ounce, chopped (2 Packages, 8 Ounce Each)|
|Golden raisins||30 Ounce (2 Boxes, 15 Ounce Each)|
|Candied cherry halves||3⁄4 Pound|
|Bourbon whiskey||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||6 Cup (96 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||3 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Pecans||1 Pound, chopped|
1) In a bowl, combine fruit and whiskey. Let the fruit soak overnight.
2) Next day, preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
3) In a bowl, cream butter and sugar well.
4) To this, add eggs slowly, beating well after each addition.
5) Stir in the dry ingredients.
6) Now, add the almond extract, soaked fruit along with whiskey and pecans. Stir gently. (Note that nuts may be dusted with some of the flour mixture.)
7) Line a large baking pan (or three 9 inch loaf pans) with greased heavy paper and pour the batter to the pan.
8) Bake for about 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
9) Slice and serve along with vanilla ice cream.
Calories 1228 Calories from Fat 408
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g73.1%
Saturated Fat 15.9 g79.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 188.2 mg62.7%
Sodium 146.6 mg6.1%
Total Carbohydrates 182 g60.5%
Dietary Fiber 9.8 g39.2%
Sugars 115.7 g
Protein 16 g31.3%
Vitamin A 15.7% Vitamin C 4.1%
Calcium 18% Iron 30.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet