Christmas Nut Cake
|Dates||16 Ounce, chopped (2 Packages, 8 Ounce Each)|
|Golden raisins||30 Ounce (2 Boxes, 15 Ounce Each)|
|Candied cherry halves||3⁄4 Pound|
|Bourbon whiskey||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||6 Cup (96 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||3 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Pecans||1 Pound, chopped|
1) In a bowl, combine fruit and whiskey. Let the fruit soak overnight.
2) Next day, preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
3) In a bowl, cream butter and sugar well.
4) To this, add eggs slowly, beating well after each addition.
5) Stir in the dry ingredients.
6) Now, add the almond extract, soaked fruit along with whiskey and pecans. Stir gently. (Note that nuts may be dusted with some of the flour mixture.)
7) Line a large baking pan (or three 9 inch loaf pans) with greased heavy paper and pour the batter to the pan.
8) Bake for about 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
9) Slice and serve along with vanilla ice cream.