Mary's Christmas Cake
|Soft butter||1 Pound|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|All spice||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Seeded raisins||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Seedless raisins||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Dates||1 Pound, chopped|
|Mixed glazed fruits||1 Pound|
|Candied cherries||1 Pound|
|Maraschino cherries and juice||10 Ounce (1 Small Bottle)|
|Citron peel||1⁄2 Pound|
|Lemon peel||1⁄4 Pound|
|Orange peel||1⁄4 Pound|
|Candied pineapple||1⁄4 Pound|
|Blanched almonds||1⁄2 Pound|
|Apple jelly/Grape jelly||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Rum flavoring||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon extract||1 Tablespoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven. Line 5 loaf pans with parchment paper and lightly grease the bottom.
2) In a large bowl, mixed together glazed fruits, pineapple, maraschino, cherries, raisins, dates almonds and walnuts.
3) Add in 2 cups of flour and coat the fruits and nuts well.
4) In a small bowl, beat the soft butter along with the eggs to get a light and frothy mixture. Pour in maraschino juice, citon, lemon and orange peels, apple or grape jelly, rum flavoring, vanilla and lemon extract.
5) Add in cinnamon, nutmeg, all spice, salt, cloves, baking soda along with 2 cups of flour and mix thoroughly.
6) Mix the dry ingredients along with the wet and mix well. Pour this all over the fruit and nut mixture, mixing it well.
7) Bake on low temperature for about 3 hours.
8) Serve Mary's Christmas Cake with a dollop of whipped cream and garnish of candied cherries and walnuts.
Calories 698 Calories from Fat 228
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.2%
Saturated Fat 11.2 g55.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 140.9 mg47%
Sodium 285.2 mg11.9%
Total Carbohydrates 114 g37.9%
Dietary Fiber 8.2 g32.9%
Sugars 76 g
Protein 10 g19.9%
Vitamin A 12.9% Vitamin C 42.8%
Calcium 11.3% Iron 17.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet