Orange Chiffon Cake
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil/Salad oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cold water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Orange rind||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Egg whites||1 Cup (16 tbs), beaten (7 Egg Whites)|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 325 degrees.
2) Without sifting, measure the flour.
3) Add the salt, baking powder and sugar and stir well to blend.
4) Make a hollow in the center and add the oil, egg yolks, cold water, vanilla and orange rind in this order.
5) Use an electric mixer to mix the ingredients till smooth.
6) Into a large mixing bowl, measure the egg whites and add the cream of tartar.
7) Over the beaten egg whites, pour the egg yolk mixture and gently fold till the ingredients have blended well together.
8) Into an ungreased tube pan of 10x4-inches or 9x12 1/2-inches, pour the concoction.
9) Bake in preheated oven for about 55 minutes.
10) Raise the temperature to 350 degrees and bake for another 15 minutes.
11) Cool the cake on glass.
12) On top of the glass, turn the cake pan upside down for about 1 Â½ to 2 hours. Use a spatula to loosen.
13) Serve as preferred.