Vanilla Flavored Gum Drop Cake
|White sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Crisco||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Gum drops||1 Pound|
|Seedless raisins||1 Pound|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a tube pan.
2) Finely chop the gum drops and sprinkle a little flour over them so they do not stick.
3) In a bowl, beat butter, sugar and eggs. Add in 1/2 cup of milk and stir well.
4) Add in 1 cup flour, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, mixing them all well.
5) Add in 1/2 cup milk and all of the remaining flour and mix to incorporate them in well.
6) Lastly, fold in the floured gum drops and raisins.
7) Transfer the batter to the tube pan and bake for about 1 hour.
8) To check for doneness, stick a toothpick in the centre of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, it is done.
9) Serve the Gum Drop Cake with a sprinkling of sliced flavored gum drops on top.