|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Cooking oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Hot water||3 Tablespoon|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon (2 Heaped Teaspoon)|
|Chopped nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Beets||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Lightly grease and flour two small pans. Alternatively, you can use one 8 X 12" or one 10 X 13" baking pan.
3) Beat the egg whites to form stiff peaks.
4) In a large bowl, mix together oil, sugar, water and vanilla.
5) Sieve together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add the dry into the wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
6) Fold in the nuts, carrots and beets gently into the batter until well incorporated.
7) Lastly, fold in the egg whites without disturbing the batter too much.
8) Pour the cake batter into the baking pans and bake for about 35 minutes or until done.
9) Serve the Vegetable Cake, garnished with a dusting of icing sugar.