|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Raisins||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dates/Figs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 300°F.
2) Butter and flour a square cake pan. Line the base and sides with wax paper.
3) In a large bowl, beat the eggs along with sugar till light, creamy and fluffy.
4) Add in butter and honey and combine well.
5) Sieve together flour, salt and baking soda. Add into the bowl of wet ingredients and mix well.
6) Fold in the raisins, figs or dates gently into the cake batter.
7) Pour the batter into the square pan.
8) Bake for about 60 minutes or until done.
9) Let the cake cool down to room temperature before demoulding and slicing.
10) Garnish the cake with finely chopped figs and raisins.