White Fruit Cake
|Flour||1 Pound, sifted thrice (3 3/4 Cups, Measured Before Sifting)|
|Sugar||1 Pound, sifted thrice (2 Cup)|
|Crystallized pineapple||1 Pound (2 1/2 Cup Of Red And Green Colors Mixed)|
|White raisins||1 Pound (2 2/3 Cups)|
|Red cherries||1 Pound (3 Cup)|
|Green cherries||1 Pound (3 Cup)|
|Grated fresh coconut||1 Pound (5 Cup)|
|Chopped pecans||1 Pound (3 1/2 Cup)|
|Chopped almonds||1 Pound (3 Cup)|
|Butter sticks||3 , softened|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Whiskey||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg whites||12 , stiffly beaten|
1) In a bowl, combine the chopped fruit and nuts with 3/4 cup of the flour.
2) In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar well.
3) To this, sift together the flour and baking powder.
4) To this, alternately add floured fruit along with whiskey and egg whites.
5) To a bundt pan or 2 loaf pans, transfer the mixture.
6) Using a big pan of water, steam this mixture for an hour, at 325 degrees.
7) Reduce the heat to 300 degrees. Bake for about 2 3/4 to 3 hours, or till a straw comes out clean when inserted.
8) Let the cake cool in the pan.
9) With aluminum foil, wrap lightly. Store in covered tin box and use as required.
Calories 929 Calories from Fat 481
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g83.6%
Saturated Fat 19.6 g97.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40.5 mg13.5%
Sodium 89 mg3.7%
Total Carbohydrates 98 g32.7%
Dietary Fiber 9.9 g39.6%
Sugars 60.8 g
Protein 14 g27.7%
Vitamin A 16.2% Vitamin C 7%
Calcium 13.2% Iron 21.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet