Cape Breton Oat Cakes
|Rolled oats||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|All bran||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|White flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|White sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon, dissolved in 3/4 cups of warm water|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Add in shortening into a bowl containing all bran, flour, sugar and salt.
3) Slowly add in the baking soda dissolved in water and knead into a smooth dough.
4) On a floored board, roll out the dough. Place it over an upturned saucer and divide into four sections.
5) Bake the oat batter for about 12 minutes or until done.
6) Sprinkle the cake with a sprinkle of rolled oats.