Orange Sheet Cake
|All purpose flour||2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Oleo||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White karo syrup||1 Tablespoon|
|Confectioners' sugar||16 Ounce (1 Box)|
|Orange rind||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||3 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) Into a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
3) In a bowl, cream oleo and sugar until smooth and fluffy.
4) To this, add eggs, beating well after each addition.
5) To this, stir in the sifted ingredients, alternately with milk and vanilla.
6) Into a greased and floured 11x15 inches sheet pan, pour the batter.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes.
8) In a bowl, combine all the icing ingredients and mix well.
9) Spread on cake, while still in the pan. Or, cool for 15 minutes and remove from the pan, before spreading the icing.
10) Cut into squares and serve fresh.