Sour Cream Coffee Cake
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2) Mix 1/4 cup brown sugar, cinnamon and chopped nuts, and keep the topping aside.
2) In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
3) In another bowl, whip together butter, 1/2 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, eggs, vanilla essence and sour cream using a hand blender.
4) Add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix well to incorporate.
5) Pour half of the batter into an ungreased tube pan.
6) Sprinkle the batter with about half of the nuts and spices topping.
7) Pour the rest of the batter over it and sprinkle the remaining topping over it.
8) Bake for about 50 minutes or until done.
9) Slice the Sour Cream Coffee Cake and serve with whipped cream.
10) Sprinkle with chopped nuts, if desired.