Quick Red Velvet Cake
|Devil's food cake mix with pudding||18 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Box)|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red food color||1 Ounce (1 Bottle)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), softened|
1) Preheat oven hot to 350°F. If using dark or nonstick pans, heat oven to 325°F
2) Take two 9-inch round cake pans and grease with shortening.
3) In a large bowl add all cake ingredients and beat with electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds.
4) Beat on medium speed 2 minutes and scrape the bowl occasionally.
5) Spoon the batter into pans.
6) Bake for 25 to 35 minutes.
7) Let stand to cool for 15 minutes.
8) Take off the pans and cool completely.
9) In a medium saucepan add flour and milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is very thick.
10) Seal the surface with plastic wrap and cool to room temperature.
11) In a large bowl add sugar and butter. Beat until light and fluffy.
12) Fold in add flour mixture using tablespoonfuls. Beat with electric mixer on high speed until smooth.
13) Beat in vanilla.
14) On serving plate put the 1 cake layer keeping the top side down.
15) Spread 1 cup frosting over it.
16) Place the second layer on top.
17) Ice side and top of cake with frosting.
18) Store in refrigerator.
19) Serve cold.