Mincemeat Coffee Cake
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mincemeat||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a bowl, add 1/2 cup butter, white sugar, eggs and beat till well combined.
3) Mix flour and baking powder. Separately mix vanilla and milk. Stir in both the dry and wet mixtures alternatively into the creamed butter and eggs mix.
4) In a bowl, mix the mincemeat and walnuts together.
5) In a 8" springfoam pan, add 2/3 of the cake batter and spread it evenly.
6) Sprinkle 2/3 of the mincemeat-walnut mixture over it and pour in the remaining batter over it. Sprinkle the remaining mincemeat-walnut mixture over the cake top.
7) Mix together melted butter, brown sugar and cinnamon and pour over the cake top.
8) Bake for about 45 minutes. Test for doneness by sticking a toothpick in the centre of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, the cake is done.
9) Slice the Mincemeat Coffee Cake and serve with a topping of whipped cream.