Fresh Coconut Cake
|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Coconut milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Egg whites||6 , stiffly beaten|
1) Preheat oven to 365° F.
2) Grease a paper-lined cake pan.
3) Cream the shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and mix.
4) Take a bowl and combine in it baking powder, flour and salt. Add the creamed mixture alternating with coconut milk and milk.
5) Turn the mixture into the greased cake pan and bake for about 25 minutes.
6) Cool the layers in the pan for about 10 minutes.
7) Turn onto a wire rack and cool completely.
8) Frost the cake as per your desire. Slice and serve.